New year at school and a new blog...this is going to be my space for news about my art and art in my class. I am very pleased with the way my room looks this year. Have a new door that goes out to a grassy patch..great view!

My art room

My art room
I painted the tables to give them a new artsy look..they were so boring previously!!o

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Aboriginal art

I found this lesson on another blog. It was a teacher from Australia who got her students to make the 'tic- tac- toe' game with the aboriginal dot art along the sides.
I found some felt squares in my room and decided to use those, so that it is a permanent keepsake for the kids.They looked at aboriginal dot paintings and the symbols that are used. they also made counters of clay with the symbols on them to play with. I had as much fun as the students in doing this.






No comments:

Post a Comment