New year at school and a new blog...this is going to be my space for news about my art and art in my class. I am very pleased with the way my room looks this year. Have a new door that goes out to a grassy patch..great view!

My art room

My art room
I painted the tables to give them a new artsy look..they were so boring previously!!o

Wednesday, June 20, 2012


Nestled at the foot of the Western Ghat range in Maharashtra India, is the settlement of an ancient tribe known as the Warlis. These tribal people, who survive on forest produce, have carved a domestic and international niche for themselves. What originated as a local ritual of ceremonial beautification is now revered as a folk art of immense value.
Students of Year 5 learnt that Warli paintings are a vivid expression of the daily and social events of the tribe. They are characterized by their depiction of triangular humans and animals with stick like hands and legs. Typically these paintings are done with rice paste on walls that are painted brown or rust.
However, paintings on colourful canvases today are a rage all over the world - a fall out of commercialization.
Year 5 have showcased their life style in the manner of the Warli- Simple, Creative yet stylish.






No comments:

Post a Comment